Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Can I Race a Triathlon? Please????

I haven’t written a blog for a while. I usually do ride/race write ups and just
haven’t had anything for a while. Not
that I haven’t tried!

What does a guy have to do to race a triathlon?

My first race of the year was going to be Superseal March 18th.
A big storm came into San Diego.
By Saturday we knew we wouldn’t swim.
Sunday morning they pulled the plug on the bike due to 40 MPH
winds. They had a 5K, but I had headed
home when they pulled the plug on the bike.

A double bummer since my wife was feeling pretty good, and
she, her mom, and our friend (Onci on dailymile) came out to cheer me on!

This last week, I was going to race the TCSD club race. When I originally planned my races out, I
scheduled this to work out what didn’t go right in Superseal. Now it would be my first race of the year.

DENIED! Another race,
another storm. Déjà-vu; or as Yogi Berra
would say Déjà-vu all over again. By
Friday we knew we wouldn’t swim.
Saturday morning they pulled the plug on the bike due to strong winds. This time, I went to the gym. I wanted to do a tri, doggone it, so I did a
gym tri. 750 in the pool, 12.4 miles on
the spin bike, and 3.1 miles on the treadmill.

It helped, but I’m still itching to race. Hopefully the weather will cooperate on May
20th. We’ll try again with
the Orange County Triathlon, an Olympic distance event.

Despite my failed attempts to race there is good news with
what is important in life. My wife, Angi
has finished her chemo and is doing pretty good. She still has some other treatments, and
recovery, but the worst is past!

Hopefully sometime after May 20th there will be a
race recap blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment