Sunday, March 21, 2010

Dudley(s) Do-Right

It was an interesting week. I woke up Monday morning with a sore throat and fever. Perhaps the 400KM depressed my immune system, or perhaps I was just due for a case of the crud.

Started to feel better late Tuesday, so back to work Wednesday morning; and back on the bike Wednesday after work.

Had a good training ride on Saturday. Did 100.44 miles going up to Santa Ysabel, which is at 3,000 feet. Hit some strong winds, especially the final five miles approaching Santa Ysabel. These were head/cross winds; it took quite a bit of strength and concentration to keep the bike upright and on the road.

Going up Scripps Grade early in the morning was a treat. Watching the sun come up over the mountains to the east made for a spectacular sunrise. Not sure my photo does it justice.

The best part to this week’s training was I went back out Sunday, and did 33 miles. Could have done another 100, but had stuff to do off the bike. Feels great to do 100 miles and be able to bounce right back the next day.


Why was this titled Dudely(s) Do-Right? The famous Dudley's Bakery is in Santa Ysabel. It is one of four buildings in the town. Since I was on a training ride, I stopped at Don's Market for water and a bananna. No treats for me this week.

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @stevecycles200, or DailyMile.

Upcoming Events:

March 27: Solvang Spring Double Century
April 17: SD Randos Solana 600KM Brevet
May 1: (Several Events, not sure)
May 15: Davis Double Century (tentative)

No comments:

Post a Comment