Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Time to Train for IRONMAN


I have completed two triathlons at the 70.3 (half-iron) distance.  As I prepare for the 2013 season, which will include my first attempt at a 140.6; Ironman Coeur d’Alene June 23rd.

This will require some additional training.  As I prepared my training plan, and did research I realized I would need to add two things I had been doing hap-hazardly.  Okay full disclosure, two things I really haven’t done much of at all. 

What could those things be?  If you follow my training on dailymile, you know I swim, bike, and run.  And it is rare for me to miss a workout.  I enjoy the process, and really like swimming, love cycling, and have grown to like running.  So what is missing? 

Some of you are probably screaming at the computer.  Weights and Yoga!!!  Here is the challenge:  I work 40-50 hours a week, I try to spend some time with my wife.  I already have a good workout schedule.  Now, I need to add two yoga sessions, and two weight lifting sessions.  Plus, I’ll be increasing volume of the three sports. 
 
 
 

I think I’ve got this worked out.  My IMCdA training begins this Monday, but I have already started the yoga, and weights.   My schedule will be tight, but it looks doable.  And the weights and yoga should reduce the risk of injury, increasing the chance of a successful race.   

Well the training plan is done, here we go!
 
 
Upcoming Events:
 
October 28: 80's 5K
March 30, 2013 - California 70.3
June 23, 2013 - Ironman Coeur d'Alene

No comments:

Post a Comment